Valentines day is almost there, so surprise your partner with this delicious cake. Because love goes through man’s stomach…(well maybe not only through a man’s….)
I made a basic cake mixture and then flavoured it with some baileys, coffee and almondextract to get a tiramisu-like taste. To make the hearts I decided the cake in four pieces and creates heart from these four pieces. This will create 4 mini cakes in the perfect size for sharing with your lover.
- 200g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g selfraising flour
- 50ml baileys
- 1 sachet coffee powder
- Red food colouring
- 100g Icing sugar
- 3 el water
- 50g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- Mix the butter and the sugar untill the sugar has dissolved in the butter, put the eggs one by one in the mixture and mix untill creamy.
- Then add the flour, baileys and the coffee powder and whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture into a 22cm caketin and put in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Once out of the oven wait at least 10 minutes for the cake to cool down a bit before starting to cut the round cake into four hearts. To know how I did this, have a look at the pictures attached below and it will explain itself
- For the glaze, combine the icing sugar with the foodcolouring and the water and use a spoon to cover the upper side of the cooled cakes. Melt the chocolate and decorate the pink hearts with the melted chocolate.
HAVE A HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, with lots of love.