For all the coffee lovers out there that cant get enough of cappuccino in its liquid form… here a delicious recipe of cappuccino in a solid form, a little coffee flavoured cake topped with creamcheese and some grated chocolate. It really simple make, takes only 15 to prepare and everyone will love them, this is probably one of my favourate recipes to far.
15m prepare + 30m oventime
- 150g butter
- 150g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 200g selfraising flour
- 100g yoghurt
- 100ml espresso
- 250g mascarpone
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Some dark chocolate to grate over the top
- Mix the butter and the sugar untill the sugar has dissolved in the butter, put the eggs one by one in the mixture and whisk untill creamy.
- Then add the flour, cacao, yoghurt and half of the espresso and mix on medium speed for a least 2 minutes.
- Put the cake mixture in a 21×21 square baking tin and shove in the oven for about half an hour
- Once out of the oven, take the cake out of the tin, sprinkle the rest of the espresso over the cake and leave it alone for an hour so it can cool.
- When the cake is cooled down, make the topping by combining the mascarpone with the icing sugar and the vanilla extract. Cover the cake with a layer of the mascarpone frosting and grate some dark chocolate over the top. Yummmm