prep+cook time 1h 45m Makes 6
- 2 eggs
- 185g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 85g (1/4 cup) malt syrup
- 140g (2/3 cup) conocut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 340g (2 cups) coarsely grated carrots
- 35g (1/3 cup) sultanas
- 60g (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
- 250g (1 2/3 cup) selfraising flour
- 2 teasppons icing sugar
- DATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 125g (4 ounce) dried pitted dates
- 2 tabespoons boiling water
- 250g (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 125g (4 ounces) butter
- Preaheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Beat the eggs and the sugar for a couple minutes untill the mixture is white
- Add in the malt syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, carrot, sultanas, nuts and flour and stir.
- Spoon mixture into the pan holes.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or untill a skewer comes out clean.
- Time to make the frosting: if you have a foodprocessor use this to process the dates with the boilling water, then add the softened butter and the cream cheese.
- Wait untill the cupcakes are completely cooled and then pipe the frosting over the cupcakes. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and icing sugar. JUMMMM