Chocolate and cheesecake, the perfect combination. Normally I use a full fat cream cheese, like mascarpone, but today I felt like making it a bit lighter. Ricotta is the perfect light alternative for this. Ricotta is generally considered to be one of the healthiest cheeses as it has a low fat content. 100 grams of Ricotta cheese contains just 5 grams of saturated fat!!!
I am not saying that this chocolate cake is extremely healthy or anything haha, because it has still got quite a lot of butter in it, but it could have been wayyy worse!
15m prepare + 45m oventime
- 170g Butter
- 150g Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Self raising flour
- 40g Cacao
- 250 Ricotta
- 50g Icing sugar
- 1 tbs Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix the butter and the sugar untill the sugar has dissolved in the butter, put the eggs one by one in the mixture (2 of the eggs) and whisk untill creamy.
- Then add the flour and the cacao and mix on medium speed for a least 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta with the sugar and one egg and wisk untill smooth. Pour the chocolatemixture in the caketin and pour the ricottamixture on top. Use a spoon to swirl the two mixtures together.
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes and done.