You gotta love Amaretti cookies, in the Netherlands we call them Bitterkoekjes. You can make lots of delicious desserts with them but this one is my favorite. You don’t need to, but I always add some almondpaste for some extra delicious almondness <3.
serves 4 40min prepare + 2h cooling
- 150g amaretti cookies (bitterkoekjes)
- 100ml triple sec (or Qointreau, rum, almond liquor etc.)
- 1 tablespoon almond aroma
- 15g orange peel
- 3 gelatine sheets
- cold water
- 300ml milk
- 30g almond paste (spijs)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla aroma
- 2 egg yolks
- 200ml double cream
- Chop the amaretti cookies coarsely and soak together with the orange peel in the alcohol and the almond aroma.
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water.
- Bring in a pan the milk, almond paste and the vanilla to a boil.
- Mix the egg yolks together with part of the warm milk, then add to the rest of the milk and stir on low heat, without bringing it to a boil.
- Dissolve the gelatine sheets in the milk and let it cool untill it starts to set.
- In the meanwhile whip the double cream (you can replace some of the double cream with yoghurt to make the recipe a bit lighter). And once the milk mixture starts to set combine the milkmixture with the whipped cream and put in a pudding tin.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set and then decorate with the rest of the whipped cream and some cookies. (I added some extra alcohol to the whipped cream to give it an extra kick)
- Time To Eat!