You can buy these cookies in every dutch supermarket, and since a hadn’t been able to have one in a long time. I decided to go and make them myself. The cookies are basically small/fat cupcakes topped with a pink glaze. I used a couple drops of red foodcolouring to achieve the pink glaze, but you can also do this a couple teaspoons of beetrootjuice.
15m prepare + 30m oventime makes 16
- 200g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g selfraising flour
- 5 drops of red foodcolouring
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 250g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- Mix the butter and the sugar untill the sugar has dissolved in the butter, put the eggs one by one in the mixture and mix untill creamy.
- Then add the flour and whisk until smooth. Divide the mixture over the muffintin (I used about one tablespoon per cookie) and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine the icing sugar with the foodcolouring and the water and use a spoon to cover the upper side of the cooled cookies. Wait a couple minutes before serving.