This is a reallly simple cheesecake recipe, you can customize it completely to your own taste. I used gingerbread cookies for the crust, but you can use the following as wel: Oreos, oatmeal cookies, bastogne. Make it light by using quark and oatmeal cookies or go for a guilty pleasure with oreos and mascarpone.
30m prepare servers 6-8
- 50g butter
- 300g gingerbread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons strawberry jam
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 500g quark
- 100ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 220g strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C
- Melt the butter and add to 250g of the cookie crumbs, add the strawberry jam and combine to form a sandy dough.
- Pour the cookie mixture in the baking tin (22 cm). The crust needs to be tight and compact, I like to use a flat bottomed small measuring cup to help pack it down and smooth out the surface.
- Combine the lemon zest, quark, double cream, vanilla extract and eggs and mix untill smooth and creamy. Add the rest of the cookie crumbs to the mixture and give it a good stir, then pour into the tin and bake the cake for 45 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven. Once cooled cover with a thin layer of strawberry jam and decorate with stawberrys.