Like the post about the 'Oliebollen', appelbeignets is a traditional food we eat with newyear. It is basically fried apples in a dough of some sort. I used a dark beer batter and they came out absolutely delishh. This recipe is deadeasy to make as well!
- 4 large apples
- lemon juice
- 125g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 150ml dark beer
- icing sugar
- Peel and core the apples and slice them in 1cm thick slices. Sprinkle over some lemonjuice and cover in cinnamon and sugar.
- Make a batter with the egg, beer and the flour.
- Dip the appelslices in the batter and fry in 180 degree fat or oil.
- When brown, put on some kitchen roll paper, to drain the fat.
- Serve with some icing sugar and cinnamon.