The best way to describe an ‘Oliebol’ is basically a fried donut like dough ball.You can add raisins and sultanas to your own taste and add your favorate alcohol to drench the raisins with. (expl. Rum, Cointreau, Bacardi Razz, liquer 43, Amaretto, Brandy, Triple Sec)
30 “Oliebollen” 2 h to make
- 500g flour
- 10g dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon
- salt 500ml milk
- 1 egg orange peel
- 100g raisins
- 100g sultanas
- mixed spice (koekkruiden for the dutches)
- alcohol to own taste
- Wash the raisins and sultana’s and drain well. Then add the spices and alcohol
- Put the flour and the salt in a bowl.
- Warm up the milk, sprinkle the dry east over the top and wait untill it gets foamy.
- Add the milk-yeast mixture and an egg to the flour and mix a couple minutes on medium speed.
- Then add the raisins, sultanas and the orange peel and use a wooden spoon to carefully mix everything together.
- Cover the bowl with a damp kitchentowel and put at a warm place. I always warm up the oven to about 40 degrees and then turn it off, this will speed up the rising process a lot. Wait for about 45 min to an hour and your dough is ready to use.
- Heat up the fryer to about 180 degrees and once warm, use a spoon to make doughballs and dump it carefully in the fat. Wait a couple minutes untill lightbrown and turn around.
- Take the ‘oliebollen’ out of the fat and let them drain on kitchen roll paper
- Serve with icing sugar and cinnamon