These apple pies are super easy to make, especially if you use ready made short crust pastry instead of making it yourself.
20m to prepare + 30m oven makes 8
- 200g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 apples, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons abricot jam
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- To make the shortcrust pastry, measure the flour and butter into a bowl and mix together until the mixture consists of fine crumbs. Add the icing sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and combine the mixture to a ball with your hands.
- Put the pastry in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Then tip the pastry onto a work surface and roll out to a 3mm thickness. Cut out circles with a cup (circle just a little bit bigger than the muffin tin) and place the dough circles in the muffin tin.
- Put half a teaspoon abricot jam in each pie.
- Chop the apples in small pieces and add the cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract. Fill all the the pies with apples, decorate the with the left over dough and cover with a thin layer of abricot jam.
- In the oven for about half an hour and job done 🙂