I absolutely love quiches, use your own imagination, some ready to use puff pastry and your leftover vegs and it's always delicious. Today I made one of my favorite ones consisting of Mushrooms, bacon, spinach and trufle oil.... do I need to say more?
serves 4 30m prepare + 45m in oven
- 350g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 4 garic cloves
- 200g fresh spinach
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- pepper and salt
- 3 eggs
- 200ml single cream
- puff pastry
- 75g goatcheese
- grated (cheddar) cheese for over the top
- serve with some rocket
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees Fan.
- Cover the quiche pan with puff pastry
- Fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms the streaky bacon and the herbs in a frying pan
- Fry the spinach in another pan. Once soft put in a blender, add the cream and the eggs and mix well.
- Sprinkle some truffle oil over the mushroom mixture and put in the quiche pan pan.
- Pour the spinach cream over the mushrooms, add some goatcheese on top and cover with grated cheese (as much as you like). In the oven for about 45 minutes and Enjoy!